Spread the Word
Spread the word that Doritos has launched their new bold flavour – Sour Cream and Mild Chilli.
Deploy a team of influencer, “daredevils” to showcase boldness by taking on challenges which are daring as well as quirky.
Sample the new flavour with like-minded people off the back of positive brand conversations.
• In a fun and engaging way, influencers met at the Pepsico head office for briefing on the #DoritosMadeMeDoIt campaign.
• A brief intro to the history of the company, with a video, provided clear guidelines for the campaign.
• Influencers also received samples and also experienced a fun as well as bold environment – synonymous with the brand.
• Each influencer’s vehicle is custom-branded with a unique and cheeky creative to provoke conversations.
• Armed with the training session knowledge, conversations took place within the influencers’ micro-communities.
• Influencers had creative freedom to design their own content in line with the bold, #DoritosMadeMeDoIt.
• Periodic assigned challenges delivered organic as well as native content to influencers social media followers.
• Finally, due to the quirky nature of the user-generated content, engagement rates exceeded all expectations reaching as high as 64%!!!
• Lastly, part of the campaign was to encourage influencers to sample the product with colleagues, friends, family etc.
• Also, encourage positive brand conversations about Doritos and the bold new flavour.
“I’ve had a lot of fun, and also so have my followers on social media. I’ll miss coming up with weird and wonderful ideas for the videos, and of course the comments from those who saw them.”
“Doritos has become a talking point and many people recognised my vehicle from the branding, including the other children at my daughters school.”
– Brett Allison | Doritos Influencer
“Everyone asks me what all my Doritos posts on social are all about. It feels like all my friends, extended circle of friends and followers have seen the posts. I can’t have a conversation anymore without the topic of Doritos being brought up!”
– Ashleigh Crowther | Doritos Influencer